VESA Members are regularly monitored and their quality installations proves its success in fully performing their intended security roles year after year
Why clients should consider utilizing VESA Installation Centers, as they are and offer:
- Regularly evaluated and visited by VESA Technical Inspectors to ensure compliance.
- Technical staff is fully trained and are registered on the VESA Database.
- VESA Specifications training courses are available every month to technical staff.
- Stringent specifications regarding the use of correct tools and installation techniques and workmanship are implemented and monitored.
- More stringent disciplinary action against VESA Members have been implemented and applied over the years, of which a lot of members have lost their membership due to non-compliance.
- Only VESA Members can issue VESA Certificates for Insurance purposes.
- Insurance Company and Clients policy number gets captured on the VESA Certificate.
The Insurance Industry benefits largely from having the ease of mind that when they include “VESA Approved Security Device” into their policy wording, that the vehicle security device fitted to the client’s vehicle, is approved and tested, the manufacturers are re-evaluated annually for consistency and viability and that the installers who provide the installations services are trained and monitored for consistent quality installations.
The VESA Certificate is used as proof of the installation, confirms the vehicle’s existence, and confirms the condition and extras fitted in the vehicle at time of inspection. The historical database of issued VESA Certificates remains the Insurer’s most reliable evidence of vehicle and security fitment statuses, in the event of vehicle theft crime.
Some tips when needing to select a fitter or VESA Member:
1. Always ensure that you select a VESA Member when VESA Approval is required.
2. Select a VESA Member close to your workplace or place of residence.
3. Take the time to explore the workshop, verify VESA Membership, training Certificates and lists of products available.
4. Ensure that the installer is familiar with your vehicle brand. Members receives up-to-date information pertaining to latest developments and changes to various vehicle brands.
5. Ensure that you are informed adequately of the product that you have to install as per your Insurance Broker’s requirements.
6. Confirm prior to the fitment if the selling price includes the following: consumables, additional parts and VESA Certificate for Insurance
7. Verify details on invoice and VESA Certificate. Ensure that the correct vehicle model and other details are accurately recorded on the VESA Certificate.
We recommend that clients don’t take standards for granted. By supporting VESA you will ensure that VESA remains the Assurance to the Insurer, the Consumer and the South African vehicle security industry. Insist on VESA Approval!